Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Holy Moly! 5.8 lbs this week, total lost: 51 lbs

I'm floored. I'm thrilled. I'm so happy I could do the chicken dance.
Forgot to take the pictures this morning so will take them tomorrow morning before I head out for work.
I'm now 242.2 lbs and I've dropped 6 dress sizes.
I had a fun week, it was my turn to carry around the food journal for a week and I really didn't. I use my computer to track what I eat because I type so much faster than can write. So I printed each day out and cut them to fit and glued them to the pages of the book.
I went to the county fair on Saturday, took my son and a friend of his to with me to see Pat Benatar. I set them free to wander while I saved our seats for the show and sent them on a quest to bring me back a funnel cake and a bottle of water. They didn't fail me. :D
I'd been planning on that funnel cake all week so I knew I'd be ok, and it was FABULOUS. I shared it with Sam and Amanda so I didn't eat the whole thing, but I'll admit, I did eat the largest portion. About 20 mins later, I had a mild stomach ache. It was worth it.
Haven't been exercising much, walked one night but the "Zaca" Fire is not far away and in the evening (when I can exercise during the week) the wind changes and we're in smoke and ash. Not a good thing for an asthmatic to be breathing, so I hide inside and sit on my butt. :( I sure hope they get that fire under control soon, it's eerie seeing the smoke crawl over the hills here. And I do worry about all the animals without homes. There are Bears out there too. over 25,000 acres burned so far, I sure hope they get it under control soon.
Since I haven't been exercising, I've been doing some work in the evenings, preparing for our upcoming team retreat which isn't a retreat at all, but an intensive focus session. And also keeping tabs on a website changeover that's not going as smoothly as I would like it to. *sigh*
I'm also spending a bit more time in my "Second Life". I've been working on an upcoming show for a friend of mine, sort of a fashion show of sorts. Also getting rid of some land I've owned for a while in there and turning it into cash. I love that part of Second Life, you can make stuff and make real money. Just wish I could make stuff. hehehehe
I value the friendships I've forged in that virtual world, they've gotten me through some tough times in a real world where all my friends and family live so far away. In 2008 I hope to meet many of them in person.
Well, it's 7:30 and I've got work to do... bleh. :D See you next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you looking so much better. More like the woman I knew before we moved to separate towns.
Bad Me I'm up 10 pounds but I can directly relate it to worries that I'm finally dealing with.
Lokking forward to joining you in the downward treck very soon.

ThinWomanTryingToGetOut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.