Thursday, March 15, 2007

2.4 pounds, new meds make me feel a lil funky and dealing with emotions around missing the 10lb mark.

Here we are at another win: I weighed in at 283.4! Another 2.4 pounds shed this past week. (applause goes here.) That puts me at 9.8 pounds lighter than I started 3 weeks ago. Not bad! I figure, if I reach the goal of being half the woman I was when I started this thing, I'll get there by my 47th birthday. (1 1/2 years away.)

I found myself feeling kind of disappointed after the weigh in. I really felt like I'd done well..I even went to bed many nights with MANY calories left uneaten. I think I'll do my best to get all my recommended calories in and trust it will lead to great loss. :) I'm getting better at planning meals ahead too.

It took a while to get over the disappointment in the number on that scale. I was SURE I was going to break that 10 pound mark this week. (see prior post!) But alas, I think I slowed my weightloss down by cutting too far back on the calories. I'm also taking that new medicine for my heart which can cause water retention, lightheadedness, dizzyness..but should pass in a week as my body gets used to the medicine. Of course, I am to tell my doctor if I start to retain too much water...that's a bad thing for my health, forget about the scale!

So I struggled to finish my points Wednesday night and still went to bed short about 3 points. :/

Still have the mindset in place, and feeling good about the healthier choices I am making for myself.

I meant to post this sooner, but Friday night was tough, and Saturday was filled with tears and depression. I stayed on my plan though.

0 comments: